Monday, August 19, 2013

Elizabeth City, NC

This week may not have been super eventful for y'all but over here we had a lot going on. First thing is that I am getting transferred probably to my last area of the mission. President called last night to let me know I'll be serving in Elizabeth city, NC. I guess that is somewhere on the outer banks and apparently they have a Spanish branch out there. The odd side of that is he kept specifying I will have the responsibility to help a young missionary get back on track. He has only been out for 6 months and President wants me to "help him out". I guess this will keep me from being trunky... I get bussed up there on Thursday. I'm going to miss Smithfield and all the people here. This ward really does feel as close to home as it can get out here for me. I'm positive I'll be coming back here sometime. My present companion, Elder Leisek, will be taking my spot as the district leader over this district as well as training. This is going to be sooo good for him. He has been praying to be a senior companion for 14 months and now he is getting it all in one big swoop. I'm excited for him. Other than that we have had a ton of service opportunities as well as helping members to do missionary work. We have been able to get a few families to invite recent converts into their homes to fellowship them as well as getting other members to invite friends and family members to finally meet with us for the first time. I have done so much pushing for this and now that we have the ball rolling I am getting transferred. Typical...
... Well keep up the good work and I'll talk to you later.
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham
Elder Burnham and Elder Leisek





No comments:

Post a Comment