Monday, August 5, 2013

Bishop LOVES us

Wow yall had a super great week. I wish I could have been there to see all those great experiences. I love the spirit I feel just reading about how our family is growing and progressing. This week has been just a happy week all around. The family is doing great, Ryan is fluffy ;), Sara is excited for school, Brianne has my back for school, the grand kids love the grandparents, and the members here in NC are loving the work. We have made a huge push to focus so much more on the members. This Sunday was brilliant. We saw less actives bear their testimony, we had new people come to church, we had investigators make progress after a long time of fasting and praying, and member trust is building. It feels good to be making progress with these people. The best part is Bishop LOVES us. That is one thing that has been a struggle in this area in the past and we have blown it out of the water. Not that it is a competition, but the sisters have nothing on us. I mean having 6 months in this area may be part of that reason, but hey I love the members and we just get along.
Two huge miracles outside the members is that one of our investigators has finally made progress with getting her man to marry her so she can be baptized and she really wants us to be her witnesses. Super exciting stuff. The other is that a 13 year old boy that wants to get baptized came to youth conference and has made progress with his mom who was super anti. Poco a poco vamos a llevar a cabo el plan de Dios en esta area. :)
Hey mom thanks for taking care of those pics as well as sending that card. So i found out that i will be going home a week earlier than expected thanks to a shorter transfer because of the mission change. Also my temple recommend expired last week and President hasn't been able to interview me yet. Elder Leisek keeps joking with me that he can't work with such an unworthy creature. Its not my fault! We are having fun and making the most out of this transfer. I'm afraid this will be my last one here in this area.
I love what has been going. I hope y'all are doing well and keeping the good work. Well I'll talk to ya later.
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment