Monday, July 22, 2013

Represent Modesto!

I'm glad to see that all my childhood friends are the best missionaries ever. Representing Modesto!!! I'm also glad to see that the family is surviving all the craziness that is going on. This week has been pretty crazy for us as well. Lots of changes are still being made and as leaders we are shaping the new culture of this mission. We have been doing a lot of changing up the way we hold missionaries accountable and how we can better unite the districts and the mission in whole. I'm afraid it may take a while before a culture is completely established. The mission president has been trying to figure out what will work best for who and where. These next couple of weeks should be interesting. I have a lot of work to do. the unfortunate side if it is that most of it revolves around missionaries instead of investigators. We do have quite a bit of progressing investigators and even a baptism coming up shortly. One miracle is that this Sunday the bishop had asked our recent convert's husband to speak and he bore a powerful testimony. He was the first speaker and even though it wasn't the longest talk it was inspiring. Other than that this week was just busy work. We are excited to see some results from this throughout next week as some ideas are applied.
My little brother is getting so old. He is filling out nicely. ;)  I sure hope we can be companions sometime soon. I hope he understands that being called as a trainer is going to train him more than it will his boy. I'm excited to see how that goes. Hey did y'all get my SD card. Hopefully it wasn't wiped clean like Ryan's.
Jenni that was a nice looking house. All I could think of though was the task of trimming all those bushes and stuff outside the home. I feel like I have done those kinds of things a ton out here so I naturally notice the work. :) Have fun with that.
Well family I love you all a ton and I'm glad to see things are going well. Sara keep reading a ton and go for gold in whatever you decide to do. I love you all and I am excited to hear how next week goes.
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment