Monday, September 30, 2013

No Transfer...6 weeks to go!!!

Surprise!!! No transfer news here. I am staying to be killed off by Elder Merkley. I start probably the craziest 6 weeks of my life today. Last night we had a super awesome missionary fireside, where we watched bits and pieces of the Hastening the Work broadcast with members and discussed how to become better missionaries. It was a very spiritual evening and we heard some great comments and strong testimonies of recent converts that found the gospel through the help of friends. It all comes back to the members, never the missionaries. We are nothing. We simply guide your friends to receiving personal revelation about the most important message on this planet. That's it! The member does the real work. Out of pure love for their friends and family members and newly found strangers they extend inspired invitations and help these children of God enter into the one true fold. At least that's how it should work and that is why we had the fireside. It was a great way to kick off this last transfer of my mission.
This last week was full of miracles because we have a great member, Pedro, who has one mission in mind. He has the strongest desire to bring every Latino in this area into the church. He will probably buy a bus to get them to church once we have enough investigators to fill up his van. He invites everyone to church. And the best part is he isn't afraid of rejection. The worst they can do is say no and then he moves on and invites the next Spanish-speaking stranger he meets. The work is starting to pick up here.
I am super excited for General Conference next week. I have a feeling this will be a huge one for me when it comes to receiving personal revelation. As I have gotten older in the mission I keep getting more questions I need answered. I'm excited to see what the Prophets have to tell me specifically this time around.
Well family time is getting short. I love you all. Hey some more boxes may be coming your way soon. I am going to try to thin out as much as I can over this month so I am not bringing so much junk home with me when the time comes. I guess I'll see what my companions want first and then just decide what to leave behind and all that stuff. Hey should I get my bike shipped home or leave it in the mission? It is still in good shape and is a nice bike, but I don't know what it costs to ship that home. Let me know what you think.
Hasta luego,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment