Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day



Well I don't know what more I can really tell you now. Love you a ton and I sure hope y'all slept well. Mom, I forgot to ask, but I hope you got my card I sent home. Te quiero mucho!
I can't really think of what else to say. We had a rough week finding this past week, but we saw a lot more progression with the investigators we do have. We are looking at having a great week full of finding the elect. We are excited to see what the next few weeks have in store for us. I was telling you yesterday about the investigator that came to church yesterday that we sat next to. He is by far the most difficult investigator I have dealt with. He is keeping commitments and searching for the truth, but he is not doing it in the correct manner it seems like. The problem is we haven't figured out in what way he is doing it. We can't seem to locate his motives, which is making it hard for us to know how to help him. He came to church though and sat next to me. He read through the hymnal, the program, he stared at every inch of the building and just analyzed the life out of everything. When the bread was being broken he was in awe the whole time. He is very well versed in the Bible and ancient Hebrew practices. He wouldn't touch the sacrament trays and it just stressed me out so much. I was going crazy thinking about what was going on in his mind. It was like we didn't meet his expectations as the true church because we don't have crazy ancient rituals that you would read about in the Bible. Well as I was stressing out about that the primary children got up to sing a special number for the mothers and they did a song where one little boy sang a verse and then his mother sang the next and then the rest of the primary came in for the chorus. As that was happening I just got hit with the spirit. The light bulb turned on and I knew that we aren't in church every Sunday to have crazy rituals and to take only so many steps because we are recognizing the Sabbath, but it is a time to worship God and to love the family we are a part of. It is kind of hard to explain, but I just kept feeling peace as I thought that if he couldn't feel the spirit then and didn't want to be a part of this wonderful feeling then so be it. I realized that he wants the true restored church to be something to fit his crazy ancient ideas. He hasn't opened his mind to what the spirit is really saying and what God really is about. God is Love!!!! Anyway that is my update for today. I love you all very very much. I am glad to have what I have. Keep the love coming, I'll eat it up. :)
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment