Monday, May 27, 2013

Elder Transfer :(

I really wish I had some brilliant pictures to send out as well, but seeing as I'm not chuckin' or draggin' logs or doing any other type of service with an accent you can't blame me. I am pretty impressed with how everyone has been doing and what they have been going through. Sara you are about to start the wonderful journey of high school. Make every day count. Enjoy that book you are reading and really get into it. Talk to Grandpa about it because I'm sure he would love it. That is one of my favorite books as well so don't slack on it. If you can do your best in those classes you will be ahead of the game. Work hard! I wish you the best of luck in your dance show as well. Go get em.
So I too am kind of curious to know which boys don't want to serve. I also wonder if they ever spend time with the missionaries. Why don't people understand this work. What is it that the youth aren't getting in classes to want to serve missions. I can honestly say I didn't completely understand what a mission was all about before I left. Somehow it is getting them to have some kind of missionary experience. That can be the only way. Anyway instead of preaching about that I will share some HORRIBLE news. Elder Sosa is getting transferred next Tuesday and I will be staying here in Smithfield to be a part of the new Chesapeake Virginia Mission. Staying in the area and being a part of the new mission isn't so bad, but losing my fun Honduran companion is going to be unfortunate. We have had a lot of success together and we just get along. I know we are both in for some good learning experiences soon. ;) 7 more weeks and my third mission president will come in. President Baker is his name and that is about all I know. I also found out that we will be getting a set of sisters in my district. woohoo... 
Other than that the work is going great. We have investigators that have read the entire Book of Mormon and are going to be baptized soon. I am sad things will have to change up soon though. Time is flying by so quick and every time there is a change it just picks up even quicker. Hey what would y'all say if I asked for an extra transfer out here like Brianne had. It's just a thought I had and with having a new mission president and being part of the start of a new mission maybe my chances of having that opportunity might be greater. Let me know what you think. Well I love you all and I am glad to see things are going well for everyone. Hopefully I can send another SD card soon. Well I'll talk to y'all later. :)
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment