Monday, March 25, 2013

Mission Split

Alright well business first. If it would be easier to just email the letters that would be fine, but you can do whatever. If I can't read it one Monday I will probably get to it the next so it's not too big of a deal. Also I am now feeling much better and it looked like I was attacked by a stomach virus that took me out almost all week. All the mission doctor told me was to try to drink water and rest. Not too helpful, but I am healthy now and that is all that matters. The other thing is that the mission is for sure getting split up in July and there will be the Chesapeake, Virginia mission which will take half of our mission and part of Virginia. MY zone and the Kinston zone will be leaving the mission and chances are very high that I will be going with them. I don't know how I feel about that or why the Lord will put me with three different mission presidents and two separate missions, but all I know is that I am supposed to teach the gospel for two years in Spanish apparently and where I am put doesn't really matter, I guess. So I am working hard and leaving it at that. All final calls about who is going where will be told to us in June, but it isn't too hard to predict. We'll see how it goes.
Other than that this week has been pretty crazy. Due to my sickness Elder Sosa and I were very restricted to how much work we could do. I had zero energy and felt like puking at even the smell of food so it was a rough time. We still got out when we could and luckily the members were very nice about not forcing me to eat, but I hate being sick. We didn't teach as much as we had planned and we didn't find as much as we had planned, but we did our best under the circumstances. We even had 6 investigators come to church which was amazing. This area is golden, but there is a lot of work that has to be done. It seems like a lot of investigators and members here were converted to missionaries rather than the gospel so Elder Sosa and I have some things to get done. I am loving life over here and as long as I'm happy then that is all that matters. Many are called, but few are chosen.
I love y'all very much and I sure hope all is going well. Keep up the good work!!!
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment