Monday, July 16, 2012

WOW

Well sounds like life is pretty darn hectic. I know yall will be running around and I guess at camp now, but sounds like things are great. I really hope camp goes wonderful for all of you. I'm also hoping Ryan has a good time working hard and staying out of trouble. I can't believe how time is flying.  Hey I wanted to apologize for my last letter and how much of a downer and whiner I was about the area. I was really having a tough week and I had to let it out. This week has been so much better. Sacrifice has definitely brought forth the blessings of heaven. We were without a car for this week because it was at the body shop due to a member backing into us. Anyway this meant that we would be completely reliant on the members for exchanges and our pitiful biking skills in this 100 degree weather. Actually it rained quite a bit this week and of course on the days we hit the bikes. That was a wonderful blessing for the crops around here and the turkeys, but I think God was reminding me of my purpose and who is still in charge. And probably just to stop my whining and work hard. Anyway, like I said we were very much blessed. We have gotten our teaching pool back up to about 7 investigators, 3 of them have baptismal dates, 1 came to church, and 5 members came out on exchanges with us. We were really happy for what happened this week and the blessing we saw. The really great thing is that two of them are a young Hispanic couple that are legal and married. Yay!!! We really have been improving every day and we are so grateful for what we have been given. 
I think that is pretty much all I can think of for now. We did eat crazy again this week. We had Souse meat or head cheese, chicken necks and backs, liver pudding (all the organs and insides of a pig mixed together and ground up), and chicken gizzards. I can honestly say I did not enjoy any of those selections. :) 
Well I love you all to death and am so grateful for your prayers and the prayers of the ward. Thank you for all the support you give me. Hey here is something I learned in Sunday school from a super funny southern man. Beware of expressing your intelligence to the height of your ignorance. :) 
Love ya muchisimo. Yall are in my prayers!
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham  

No comments:

Post a Comment