Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Time is a tickin'

So will yall still love me if I return home sick? My companion and one other elder here in the house got me sick and I am praying it lasts no longer than a couple of days. I have been pushing myself to get out and work harder, to exercise more, to be more bold, to do everything at a faster speed and with more power. I remember Wilson use to always tell me that when you get sick just sweat it out and that will make things better. Well Wilson I am taking your council to heart. I am pushing it to the limit. This week we had interviews with the President and it was actually quite an odd experience. I personally didn't come out of my interview feeling loved or uplifted or inspired at all. It was odd especially at this age in the mission. Anyway after reflecting over that 20 minute exchange we had for the rest of the day and week I finally figured it out thanks to the help of some divine guidance I believe. President Baker knew what he was going to do with me. He planned to kick my butt in there and make sure I didn't feel like I could just coast the rest of the few weeks I have because he praised me for doing a good job or anything. It was really rough at first, but whether I'm interpreting this right or not, that is how I'm going to take it. I'm grateful for the one piece of advice he said he could give me. He told me all the council he had for me that day was to stay humble. That is all he left me with on my last interview with the president. I guess all I can do is take it to heart and make things happen. This last transfer has been crazy because of a lack of desire I have seen in a lot of missionaries here in my zone. There seems to be a sense of complacency and unfortunately it has been huge in our zone leaders who need to lead us along. I have struggled long and hard since the mission split trying to help my companions continue to live a higher law and remember that change is always going to happen whether we like it or not, so let's like it and make it happen. Getting distracted isn't on the menu right now, because of all the work that still needs to be done.
Other than that big item we have had a good week. We have more and more potential every day. We are looking into new areas and doing new things to get the ball rolling. The Hispanic group in this ward need a lot of work. Oh I met a guy this last week while on an exchange that had the last name Burnham. Best part was that he was a big black guy! I knew we were related as soon as I met him. ;) Well I hope all is well over there in the west. Let Diane know she is in my prayers and I hope things go well for her. Time is a tickin'.
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham
Oh hey the pics are of last preparation day. We went to the Wright Brothers memorial and the sight of the first flight. To be honest it wasn't as spectacular as we all hoped. But at least I can say I have been there and how grateful I am for there desire to do such a big thing that has changed our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment