Monday, October 14, 2013

Great Birthday

It really was a great birthday my friends and family. Thank you so much for all the messages and love that were sent my way. I have truly been blessed with a great amount of people in my life that love me. My birthday consisted of a wonderful training that the missionaries headed in our ward council that morning, translating an intense talk about ordinances that we make, teaching the Spanish member's class, and eating some delicious cheesecake that a Sister in the ward made me. The day started out really well. It ended a little odd with seeing one of our investigators stumble around from being super drunk, but all in all we made it a great Sabbath day. To be honest this week was a growing week for the two of us. We were happy as we could be even through the all the hardships that came our way. Elder Merkley is such an optimistic upbeat missionary and we get along super well. We could both get hit by cars and be paralyzed for the rest of our lives and still have a good time being missionaries together. We just work well together.
Anyway I just wanted to let y'all know that I love you and I am extremely grateful for all the love that I have felt from friends and family back at home. I can honestly see the blessing of happiness that the gospel brings to a family even from this far away. It is awesome to know that I can strongly testify of the knowledge that this gives me as I talk with people everyday about the family.
So I have all these goodies to eat now and I have really been trying to work hard at staying skinny, but this is going to kill me. I am glad to have two other elders here living with us so I can share the fatness. We as missionaries certainly rejoice in the fatness.
Sara, I love you to death as well and I am super happy to hear your doing good and trying not to stress out. Your make me laugh every time I read your letters. Make sure to give Ben a great big hug for me and tell him I love him. He seems to have definitely grown a ton. I can't wait to talk with him again when I get back. We have a lot to discuss.
Jenni, I shared with my companion the part of your email where Landon had to dance every time a good song came on because that is exactly how my companion is. Landon gets more and more studly everyday I'm sure. I am excited to see those munchkins again. Thanks for the pretty calabasitas and the drawings y'all sent. I am looking forward to seeing the family again and having some good times.
Well this next week is going to be a better week than this last one because we have more work to get done. Quoting a wise younger brother, "not a second wasted". I love you all and hope the wedding and all the other Utah stuff that you will do is a blast. Tell Eric congrats for me.
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham








No comments:

Post a Comment