Monday, August 6, 2012

Wonderful!

I love my family. Yall are the greatest. Sounds like a vacation was really needed and it has been going well. I'm glad to hear that the family is doing so well. Ryan sure sounds like me when I was getting ready for school and a mission. I just couldn't wait to get out there. I remember when Brianne thought it was because I did love my family or something. She's crazy! But yall know I love you and I am positive Ryan feels the same way.  :)
Well I must say that this week has been absolutely wonderful. Prayers have been answered and the spirit has been strong and working hard. Our numbers this week weren't anything amazing and we didn't find anyone new to teach this week, but our current investigators are progressing wonderfully, and we taught 7 less-active families. Also, Mom, our prayers have been answered
and your fasting helped a ton. We were both fasting for the same cause and I know the Lord was just waiting to bless us. Yesterday at church we had our 3 investigators at church and the testimonies of the members were fantastic. The greatest part of the meeting was Brenda, our investigator, got up there and bore a beautiful testimony on her feelings about the Book of Mormon and how when she reads it she gets just a warm peaceful feeling.
I don't know that she said anything about knowing anything else was true, but I know she felt the spirit and she stated so simply that this book is the word of God. She started by introducing herself as Brenda and as having been taking a few lessons from the missionaries and then said what she felt about the book and then walked off. There was nothing colorful, or extraordinary about it, but the spirit was felt and I can't tell you how many active members got a slap in the face and jumped up immediately to bear their testimony. Elder Munoz and I were thrilled to see that. It was just a good week overall. Oh yeah one more thing. We have the best member missionary EVER! We had a lesson with Brenda and Bro.Thigpen accompanied us. Now he is an older guy and can't hear worth anything. But we taught a simple lesson on the spirit and the BOM and after the lesson he bore a simple testimony and then right after he invited Brenda over for dinner and asked if the next lesson could be held at his home. I almost had a heart attack in front of everyone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That is exactly how members are supposed to be. That is exactly how the missionary work inside Christ's perfect church should go. I was beyond tickled to hear that wonderful invitation of a true disciple of Christ. The only unfortunate thing is that there are so many health problems between him and
his wife that he can only help us so often. I would take him to every lesson if I could. Anyway besides a few great lessons we have been working hard physically too. We did a lot of service for members this week. We painted over the graffiti at the girls camp here, moved a dryer into a home, and mowed a huge lawn with a push mower. The thing about lawns out here is that in the country everyone has so much lawn that they HAVE to use a ride mower just to get the grass cut. Well this less active widow in the ward didn't have one of those and her lawn was huge and she can't afford to pay a company to do it. Well we went over there early in the morning and spent 2 hours mowing a lawn with a wimpy push mower that we found out works better when we pulled it backwards. It took a while and we got a lot of weird stares, but it was a good chance to help her out. The work is tough here, but so
satisfying and we love it. Well I love you all to death and I'm grateful for your support. Thanks for everything.
 
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment