Monday, November 11, 2013

Mixed Feelings

I am not sure exactly what to write home this last time. I have never been so torn up inside about such a change in my life. I am definitley excited to see the family again and I can't wait to apply all these things I have learned, but this is going to be a hard thing to leave behind. This last transfer has definitley been a learning experience. I had to really learn how to apply everything good I had learned from such great Raleigh leaders and then do my best to not step on Richmond toes and try to help them see some of the good from it and also remember to learn from them. It was quite the experience that I will forever be grateful for. I lucked out with a great last companion that was humble and willing to learn and improve. There seems to still be a lot of other issues out here, but I feel that I did what I was supposed to here and it is a satisfying feeling. I can't believe that tomorrow morning I am flying home to start a new life. To be honest I don't know what I'm going to do exactly, but I know I'll be in good hands. I have really grown to love the people of North Carolina and everyone else I came in contact with. My companions, church leaders, the food, the accent, the schedule, the work, the lack of sleep, the awkward moments with strangers, the revelation, the spirit, the crazy animals, the humidity, southern hospitality, and just every other adventure that comes along with this two years will be a part of the past that has molded me into who I am now and I am going to miss it sorely. I have worked hard and I am so grateful for what the Lord has done for me in the last two years. It defintely feels like it has only been a couple months at most, but what has been learned and what has been taken into my heart is numberless. It amazes me how this period of two years will be a huge part of me and the rest of the missionaries in the world forever, and yet only we as members of the church that have served will understand the depth of that effect. I can't show enough gratitude for this experience and yet the rest of the world looks and thinks I just went and did some good stuff and got to learn a new language. Oh if only they knew! Well I have served the Lord here in the South and saw lots of things and felt lots of things. I have worked hard and I guess as we all know there is a time and a season for everything. On to the next part I go. Hasta manana!!!!
 
Con Amor,
Elder Burnham

No comments:

Post a Comment