Saturday, November 19, 2011

News from the MTC


Hey everybody. I hate being timed it stresses me out. Anyway my p-days will be on fridays starting next week. Anyway, I want you to know I love you all very much.

Anyway on a better note. The MTC is really amazing. The knowledge is hitting me so hard and so fast all at once. The thing is that I am retaining the gospel knowledge, but the spanish is kicking my butt. It's really discouraging not being able to communicate with someone. Especially when you have to teach your first investigator the second day you get out here in Spanish. My companion and I had so many awkward pauses. I thought with what I had learned and figured out on my own it was going to go alright, but the thing is that I forgot he talks back. :) I could pick out a few things, but he spoke so fast and more spanish than I have ever heard. It blew my mind. Let me tell you, I have really learned to pray very hard for both the gift of tongues and patience. I get down on myself very quickly and I guess that's something I really need to overcome. I actually have seen Russell a few times and he was telling me that I shouldn't worry because it will come in time. He spoke zero spanish before and now he is doing pretty good. I want so bad to be succesful in Spanish.
Oh hey one of the elders in our room is from Australia and he is headed to Fresno. His name is Elder Neave and he has a great accent. He is also funny to listen to when he speaks spanish. So look out for him.
I miss you guys and I hope you are all doing well. I love you so much. Thank you for supporting. Some of the elders in my district aren't as lucky as I am to have such a loving and supporting family.

I'm enduring to the end. Love Elder Burnham.

Send Sean a letter

His MTC Address is:

Elder Sean Burnham

MTC Mailbox #264

NC-RAL 0123 (This means he is scheduled to leave the MTC on Jan. 23rd)

2005 N 900 E

Provo, UT 84604-1793


No comments:

Post a Comment